Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Title: EVENTS MANAGER
Reports to: Executive Director
Overview: Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, and delivery of AmCham Indonesia corporate events with the objective of enhancing the quality of events and serving the AmCham Indonesia Vision and Mission.
Requirements: Legally permitted to work in Indonesia, multilingual in English and Indonesian, strong event management experience, strong marketing savvy, Internet and computer skills, an outgoing and engaging personality, highly organized, a proven track record as a self-starter and leader.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all logistics for internally-coordinated events, including pre-event and onsite communication with venues, managing guest reception, establishing schedule and tasks, ensuring all materials and needed equipment are available, and preparing event run-down in coordination with all stakeholders.
- Liaise with external vendors to ensure highest quality of events.
- Manage sponsor activities for events, including signage and give-away inventory.
- Coordinate requests for AmCham Briefings and participation in external events.
- In coordination with Communications staff, write and distribute information on Events & Activities to target audience, pre- and post-event.
- Knowledge of MailChimp and other web and communication tools a prerequisite for this.
Reporting & Documentation:
- Reporting and documentation of all events, such as payment tracking, P/L statements, additional data collection, and maintaining administrative and content files for easy retrieval.
- Maintain calendar of events and implement system enabling the anticipation of long-term planning and effective management for events and activities.
- Provide documentation to event sponsors post-event.
- Proactively conduct research and feasibility studies to identify needs, gaps and new event opportunities to contribute toward Chamber objectives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and staff on sponsorship arrangements, develop new sponsors and identify potential revenue streams for all events.
- Determine the financial requirements of all events and monitor profitability.
- Negotiate with outside providers to ensure lowest costs and highest
quality of service.
- Oversee revenue collection for events.
Special events/annual events:
- Assist AmCham committees for our Annual Thanksgiving Day Golf
Tournament and Big Durian Race, including management of sponsors, venues and player recruitment and registration.
- Assist in staffing for the events.
- Assist in other such events as may be required during the year by AmCham.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis